Fresh and tasty spiced muffins—the perfect morning after breakfast!
Forget those blueberry muffins you’re about to make for the tenth time. Stir things up and make tasty muffins, bloody mary style. These muffins are baked to perfection using the Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Mini Muffin Tray for easy and effortless baking. The non-stick coating ensures the muffins are easy to release, and the heat-resistant silicone tabs make it easy to grip and transfer the muffin tray from the countertop to the oven.
So yummy, they are perfect for adding to your dinner party table or to devour as a simple, quick, afternoon snack. Trust us, you’ll have more than just one!
For the muffins:
- 100g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½-1 teaspoon Tabasco© sauce, depending on taste
- 40g sun blush-tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoon vodka
For the topping:
- 55g cream cheese
- 1-2 sticks of celery, from the heart with some leaves, cut into very small sticks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, celery, salt and pepper into a medium bowl and mix together.
- Measure the milk into a jug and whisk in the egg, olive oil, tomato purée, vodka, Worcestershire, and Tabasco® sauces
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients, and add the chopped tomatoes. Combine everything together to make a batter.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the mini muffin tray cups. Bake in the centre of the oven for 8-9 minutes until golden brown and well risen. Remove from the tin and cool.
- Spread the tops with the cream cheese and top each muffin with 3-4 pieces of celery. Serve straight away or place into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Consume within 24 hours.
Cook’s Note: The muffins can be frozen at the end of step 4 for up to a month in an airtight container.
Recipe source: Le Creuset
Next Read: Mango Tarte Tatin with Lime Caramel