Delicious, nutritious, and easy to make, this delightful stir fry is sure to please even picky eaters!
No time for an elaborate dinner? This cashew chicken stir fry recipe is quick and easy to make without compromising on taste. This dish features succulent chicken pieces and broccolini infused with fragrant Asian flavours, beautifully complemented by toasted cashews that provide a satisfying crunch with every bite. We made this stir fry using a Scanpan HaptIQ Wok to ensure our chicken is browned to perfection with little to no oil thanks to the Stratanium+ non-stick surface. We also toasted our cashew nuts in this wok to bring out the wonderful nutty aromas and make the nuts extra crunchy!
This cashew chicken stir fry has a good balance of meat and vegetables, making it a great healthy dish for busy lifestyles and a great addition to your recipe repertoire. Incredibly simple to make, most of the cooking chore comes from preparing the ingredients. Cooking the actual dish is only a matter of minutes and this stir fry is ready to be enjoyed! Make this fragrant dish for an effortless weekday dinner or bring it to a potluck event and watch as it disappears within seconds!
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon ginger thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 250g cashew nuts
- Thai basil
1. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Then, add the cashews and stir fry for 1 – 2 minutes or until toasted. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl.
2. Next, heat oil in the wok over high heat. Add half of the chicken breast (cubed) and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat this step for the remaining chicken.
3. Once that’s done, heat oil in the wok over high heat until smoking. Add the ginger, garlic, red onion, carrot, asparagus, and broccolini and stir fry for 2 minutes or until heated through.
4. Remove from the heat and add the basil and gently toss through.
5. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Recipe Source: Scanpan
Next Read: Mee Goreng Stir Fried Noodles