This stir-fry is packed with flavour and nutrients, perfect to brighten up your day!
Looking for an easy weekday dish? This Crispy Tofu and Charred Asparagus Stir-Fry is a must-try! Prepped, cooked, and ready in under an hour, this delicious dish is best served with rice or noodles, great for dinner parties or a quick lunch. Complete with a gingery, garlicky sauce, this stir-fry is sure to satisfy lovers of Asian cuisine!
For this recipe, we used the Pro Logic Wok from Lodge Cast Iron Cookware to ensure the tastiest results thanks to the even heating. The cast iron wok also retains heat well, ideal for keeping the dish warm until ready to serve. Add this vegan-friendly stir-fry recipe repertoire and your taste buds will thank you for it!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced or grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds asparagus tips
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- chopped chives for garnish
- Sriracha for garnish
1. Place tofu on a paper towel-lined plate, cover it with paper towels and place a cast iron skillet on top for about 20 minutes.
2. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar. Set aside.
3. Heat wok over medium-high for 5-7 minutes. If using induction or electric cooktops, heat over medium-low for 5 minutes, then increase heat to medium-high for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add vegetable oil and heat until it just begins to smoke.
5. While the wok is preheating, cut the tofu into 1-inch pieces. Toss with cornstarch and season with salt.
6. Add the tofu in a single layer to the wok. Cook for 3-5 minutes, allowing all sides to brown nicely.
7. Remove the tofu from the wok, and add a little oil if needed.
8. Add the asparagus tips to the wok, sprinkle with salt, cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, and stir until nicely charred.
9. Add the sauce and sesame oil to the wok and mix well.
10. Toss the tofu in the sauce with the veggies, and cook for 1-2 additional minutes.
11. Garnish with chives, drizzle with Sriracha, and serve immediately.
Source: Lodge Cast Iron
Next Read: The Best Woks to Buy in Australia