Soft, airy bread with a crisp, golden crust, this fragrant focaccia bread is sure to please!
Looking for a new staple bread option for your household? This flavourful focaccia featuring rosemary and cherry tomatoes will surely add an Italian charm to your dinner parties and weekday meals. Perfect as a side dish at dinner time, pair this bread with any topping, or use it as a pizza or sandwich base.
This focaccia can be made in any pan, however we used the Scanpan Techniq The Square to ensure a beautiful crust on our focaccia. The non-stick coating ensures our bread is released effortlessly and makes cleaning a breeze. Impress your dinner guests with this focaccia bread or make it on the days you crave a delicious and satisfying bread dish.
- 15g dry yeast
- 500ml lukewarm water
- 18g salt
- 150ml olive oil
- 600g Tipo 00 flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 70 tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt puree
- 100g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- For the pan: 75ml olive oil
1. Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water. Add the salt, olive oil and flour and knead the dough well for 8-10 minutes in a mixer at the highest speed using the flat beater fitting.
2. Cover the dough and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
3. Grease a 33 x 33 cm roasting pan and add 75ml olive oil. Spread the dough around in the mould, pressing it lightly into the corners. Brush the bread with tomato puree, sprinkle with chopped rosemary, halved cherry tomatoes and salt flakes.
4. Cover the dough and leave it to rise for another 30 minutes.
5. Bake the focaccia bread in a preheated fan-assisted oven at 190°C for 25 minutes.
Recipe Source: Scanpan
Next Read: Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe