This satisfying shepherd’s pie is great for a cosy dinner party and convenient for weekday meals!
Delicious, filling, and easy to make, this shepherd’s pie is a great dish to add to your weekly recipe repertoire. This comforting dish features generous amounts of meat and vegetables, finished with a cheesy potato topping baked to golden perfection. Originating from England, the traditional shepherd’s pie is made from lamb, but you can also use beef, turkey and other types of meats to suit your personal taste.
For this recipe, we used the Swiss Diamond Casserole which offers even heat distribution and a non-stick surface to ensure our dish is cooked beautifully without using much oil. Make this dish for a special dinner party or simply to enjoy on a chilly night!
- 454 gram (1 lb.) hamburger – fried and drained
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 servings of mashed potatoes (2 – 3 medium potatoes, or you can use premade)
- 113.4 gram (4 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup medium cheddar cheese shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 190.5°C.
2. Mix cooked ground beef and veggies (frozen) in a large bowl, then transfer to a casserole dish.
3. Heat up your potatoes (or make them if not premade) then mix in cream cheese.
4. Spread this over your meat and veggies mixture.
5. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 35 minutes.
Recipe Source: Swiss Diamond
Next Read: Easy Focaccia Recipe