Simple and delicious one-pan recipes ideal for any occasion!
After a busy day, making a full dinner might be the last thing on your mind. Instead of ordering takeout again, make a quick and easy baking tray dinner that’s perfect for the whole family! Easy to put together, these recipes take less time to prep, and can be customised to suit your personal tastes. Want to eat healthier? One-pan dishes can be an effortless way to incorporate different food groups to get a good balance of nutrients in your diet. The best part? Cleaning up is a breeze thanks to the minimal preparation required for these recipes.
Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or new to cooking, baking tray recipes will make your cooking task effortless. In this blog, we’ve curated five of our favourite baking tray recipes ideal for weekday dinners or parties, and perfect to add to your recipe repertoire.
5 Simple Baking Tray Dinner Ideas:
- Curry Spiced Chicken and Vegetable Bake
- Salmon with Potatoes and Asparagus Bake
- Sheet Pan Pesto Pizza
- Loaded Nachos Tray
- Baked Egg and Hash
1. Oven-Baked Curry Spiced Chicken and Vegetables
If you’re a fan of Indian cuisine, then this recipe is definitely a must-try! This chicken and vegetable dish is infused with fragrant curry spices and roasted to golden perfection to tantalise your taste buds. Featuring a good balance of protein and various vegetables, this recipe also makes eating healthy easy. Add this fantastic recipe to your weekly rotation or make it for a dinner party.
Prep: 12 Minutes | Cook: 45 Minutes | Makes 4 Servings
Curry Spice Rub:
- 3 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoon Chili Powder (add more based on spice preference or use cayenne pepper)
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 – 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole chicken, quartered
- Olive oil
- 2 yellow zucchini squash, cut into thick slices
- 2 – 3 cups Brussels sprouts, washed and halved
- 1 bunch of petite whole carrots, stems cut and carrots peeled
- 2 – 3 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 204.4°C. Combine all curry spice rub ingredients in a small bowl (some amounts can vary due to desired preference).
2. Set aside a little over ¼ of the rub mixture in a separate bowl to be used for the vegetables. The larger amount will be used for the chicken.
3. Take a Baker’s Half Sheet and place chicken quarters across the pan (keep skin on the chicken pieces).
4. Brush with olive oil so all the pieces are completely coated. Taking the bowl filled with the larger amount of rub, sprinkle curry spice mixture evenly on all four pieces of chicken.
5. If you want more flavour, be generous with the rub. Place chicken in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. While chicken is in the oven, place all chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Add olive and the small bowl of remaining spice rub set aside in the beginning. Mix until everything is coated.
7. After 20 minutes, take the chicken out and spread vegetables evenly throughout the pan. Place the pan back in the oven and bake for another 25 – 30 minutes, or until chicken is done and crisp and veggies are cooked through.
8. Make sure to use a thermometer to test if chicken is fully cooked. The internal temperature should be between 71.1 – 73.8°C for each piece. Depending on the size of chicken, this time could vary.
9. Sprinkle the pan with fresh cilantro and serve immediately with a grain of your choice.
Recipe Source: Nordic Ware
2. Salmon with Potatoes and Asparagus Bake
Prepped, baked, and ready to serve in under an hour, this salmon, asparagus and tomato bake will be your go-to easy weekday meal! The butter and herb seasoned salmon is baked to perfection and served with roasted asparagus and tomatoes. Finished with a generous drizzle of creamy lemon butter sauce for a touch of brightness, this dish will surely tickle your taste buds. Whip up this recipe for a weekday dinner or make a smaller portion for a cosy date in with your special one.
Prep: 30 Minutes | Cook: 20 Minutes | Makes 5-6 Servings
- 6 (113 gram) skinless salmon fillet portions
- 450 gram (1lb) asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 pint large cherry tomatoes, vine-on
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Salmon Seasoning Butter:
- 6 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) heavy cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 204.4°C. Place the oven rack in the centre of the oven.
2. Line an Oven Crisp Baking Tray with foil and lightly oil the rack.
3. Combine all ingredients for Salmon Seasoning Butter in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, toss asparagus spears with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. In another medium bowl, toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pat salmon dry and top each portion with 1 tablespoon of Salmon Seasoning Butter.
7. Arrange salmon, asparagus and tomatoes on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is desired doneness.
8. Prepare Lemon Butter Sauce while the salmon is baking. Add wine or chicken broth, parsley, lemon juice and garlic to a small saucepan.
9. Bring to a boil and boil for about 1-2 minutes until mixture is reduced slightly. Reduce heat and whisk in heavy cream and mustard. Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Add salt, pepper and cayenne.
10. When ready to serve salmon and veggies, drizzle lemon butter sauce over asparagus.
Recipe Source: Nordic Ware
3. Sheet Pan Pesto Pizza
Nothing beats a homemade pizza! Filled with mozzarella, tomatoes, and pesto, this Italian inspired sheet pan pizza is perfect for entertaining in the summer. Although baking a pizza may seem intimidating, making it at home is quite straightforward. The best part is you can also easily customise it to your taste by adding on any ingredients you love!
Prep: 1 Hour | Cook: 20 Minutes | Makes 4-6 Servings
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil, plus extra for prepping pan and bowl
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 528 grams (4 cups) flour, plus some for kneading
- ¾ cup packed basil or baby spinach
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 – 5 tomatoes sliced, and placed on paper towel to absorb excess moisture
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Pour 375ml of warm water in a bowl and sprinkle yeast onto the surface. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Whisk sugar, olive oil and salt into yeast mixture and add flour. Mix thoroughly.
3. In another bowl, pour a small amount of olive oil and add a ball of dough. Turn over to cover in oil.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm area until doubled in size, about an hour. While the dough is rising, make homemade pesto.
1. Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency is achieved.
1. Preheat the oven to 232.2°C. When the dough is ready, gently knead dough on a floured surface.
2. Place dough on a greased Baker’s Half Sheet and spread completely to the edges of the pan.
3. Build pizza by first spreading mozzarella across the pizza crust. Then evenly arrange tomatoes, sprinkle with oregano and lastly, drizzle with homemade pesto.
4. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the crust has started to brown along the edges and cheese has melted. Let pizza cool slightly before serving.
*NOTE: Premade dough can also be used for this recipe. If using store-bought dough, disregard homemade dough instructions and evenly spread premade dough on a greased Half Sheet. Use enough dough so the crust reaches the edges of the pan. Baking time may vary depending on how thick/thin you make the crust.
Recipe Source: Nordic Ware
4. Loaded Nachos Tray
Need a quick dinner or appetiser recipe? This super quick and easy recipe only takes 15 mins to prep and 15 mins to cook. Loaded with corn chips, beef, cheese, and other fresh ingredients, this crowd pleasing loaded nachos tray will have your guests coming back for more! Enjoy it as a midweek treat or whip it up for a party with your loved ones.
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 15 Minutes | Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1 bag Restaurant Style Corn Chips
- 1+ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound cooked ground beef
- 1 – 2 cups shredded cheese blend
- 1 jalapeño, cut into slices
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 176 °C. Cook ground beef ahead of time and set aside.
2. Take a Naturals Half Sheet Pan, pile pan with corn chips, about 3 – 4 cups (amount based on preference, but pan should be filled).
3. Sprinkle tomatoes, ground beef, and cheese blend evenly over chips (amount based on preference).
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and chips start to lightly brown.
5. Top with jalapeño, fresh cilantro and squeezed lime juice.
6. Enjoy with a big group and dip with sour cream, guacamole, and/or salsa straight from the pan!
Recipe Source: Nordic Ware
5. Baked Egg and Hash
Breakfast for dinner? Yes please! Pamper your loved ones at dinner with this incredible sheet pan sweet potato hash. This dish features eggs, sweet potatoes, and other vegetables seasoned beautifully and baked to golden perfection. This easy recipe is perfect for breakfast or dinner, and will definitely be a favourite in your household.
Prep: 20 Minutes | Cook: 22 Minutes | Makes 5-6 Servings
- Oil for pan
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 232.2°C. Lightly oil or spray Baker’s Half Sheet. Place sweet potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and precook for 3-5 minutes. Or conventionally steam sweet potatoes in a saucepan on the cooktop for 8-10 minutes.
2. When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, mix thoroughly with zucchini, red onion, bell pepper, black beans, corn, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika in a bowl.
3. Spread mixture evenly onto prepared half sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
4. Remove from the oven and with a spoon, make 6 wells in vegetables for the eggs. Crack an egg into each well.
5. Sprinkle on salt and pepper and return to the oven for an additional 7-9 minutes or until egg whites are set and egg is at desired doneness. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Nordic Ware