This quinoa salad is easy to make ahead of time for a convenient, healthy meal in a breeze.
Want to eat healthier but running out of ideas? This fresh and tasty quinoa bowl recipe is a great meal prep idea for busy lifestyles. It also makes a lovely weekday meal for the family. Featuring vibrant herbed vegetables roasted to perfection, serve your salad on a bed of protein-rich quinoa and finish it off with a lovely honey mustard dressing.
To achieve consistent and even, golden roasted vegetables, we used the Nordic Ware Naturals Half Sheet Pan. However, you may also use any baking sheet for this recipe. For meal prepping, simply divide the vegetables and quinoa into single serving portions and store in a glass container in the freezer. Heat up a container for a quick and easy meal, or bring it along with you to work for lunch.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Servings: 3 – 4 servings
- 1 – 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 10 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 2 – 3 tricolored whole carrots, peeled and sliced in quarters
- 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced in quarters
- 10 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1/2 -1 cup pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Herb de Provence
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1 tsp shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed (white or black) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon sherry wine or balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- White or Tricolor cooked quinoa
For the Dressing:
In a mason jar or container with a secure lid, add all the ingredients for the dressing and shake until the salt has dissolved and the olive oil has incorporated into the dressing. Set it aside.
For the Roasted Vegetables:
1. Preheat your oven to 190.5°C or 375°F. Lay the prepared butternut squash, asparagus, carrots, parsnip and Brussels sprouts on a half sheet pan. Use parchment paper if desired.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil, Herb de Provence, garlic powder and kosher salt, together. Drizzle 3/4 of this mixture over the vegetables on the sheet pan.
3. Rub the herb mixture onto the vegetables until every vegetable is nicely coated. Add the zucchini and sliced peppers to the medium bowl with the remaining herb mixture and mix until coated. Set aside.
4. Roast the vegetables on the baking sheet for 30 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven and incorporate peppers and zucchini.
5. With an oven friendly spatula, flip the vegetables and mix in the zucchini and peppers. Roast the vegetables for another 10 minutes.
6. When ready to serve, broil vegetables on high for 2 minutes. Build bowls with cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, and drizzle with dressing.
*For meal prepping, get glass containers with lids and fill with leftover quinoa and vegetables in single serving portions. Store dressing in a jar and portioned containers in the refrigerator. Heat for a ready-made lunch during the week and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Source: Nordic Ware
Next Read: Timeless Italian Cream Bundt Cake Recipe