Treat your loved ones to a fantastic stir fry filled with sweet and savoury flavours!
This quick and easy recipe is a great example of the “New Hong Kong Cuisine” – putting together unlikely combinations to create something exciting and new. The sweet mango when combined with beef creates a tantalising sweet and savoury flavour that complements each other beautifully. This recipe takes mere minutes to cook, and is perfect to impress guests at dinner parties while being great for weekday dining.
For this stir fry, we used a Ken Hom carbon steel wok to infuse that signature “wok taste”, elevating the dish from good to amazing! We love how the wok heats up quickly and consistently, enhancing the natural flavours of food ingredients while remaining durable and easy to maintain, definitely a must-have in any kitchen.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 3 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb (450g) lean beef steak
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 1/2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or dry sherry
1. Cut the beef into thick 1/4 in (0.5cm) x 2 in (5cm) slices using a sharp cleaver, and put them into a bowl. Add the light soy sauce, rice wine/dry sherry and corn flour, and mix well.
2. Peel and cut the mangoes into thick slices.
3. Heat your wok until it is very hot, then pour in the oil. Add the beef and stir fry for 2 minutes to brown.
4. Add the soy sauces and rice wine and stir fry for 30 seconds. Then, add the mangoes and heat through. Give the mixture a final turn and serve immediately.
Pro Tip: Undercook the beef, as it continues to cook even after it is removed from the wok.
Recipe Source: Ken Hom
Next Read: How to Season Your Ken Hom Carbon Steel Wok