This eye-catching Bundt cake infused with Italian flavours is sure be the highlight of any event.
No tea party is complete without cake! This moist Bundt cake recipe includes rich cream cheese, toasted coconut flakes, and pecans to give the cake a lovely Italian profile. Delightfully fragrant and sweet, this cake pairs beautifully with tea to add a touch of elegance to your formal tea parties or to make for a great midday treat.
For this recipe, you can use any cake tins you like. We used this Nordic Ware 75th Anniversary Braided Bundt Pan as we love the stunning interwoven mould design that gives our Bundt cake a unique shape. Elevate your special events and charm your loved ones with this Italian cream Bundt cake.
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes | Servings: 13 – 15 servings
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Confectioners’ sugar for garnish
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Increase mixer speed to high, and add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt; beat for 10 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in pecans and coconut.
5. Spray a 12 to 15 cup Bundt cake pan with baking spray containing flour. Spoon batter into prepared pan with a cooking spoon. Batter will fill the pan within 1 inch of the top, but baking at a lower temperature as directed (150°C or 300°F) will prevent overflow.
6. Place the pan on the middle rack in a cold oven. Bake at 150°C or 300°F until a wooden pick inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
7. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a cooling rack, and let cool completely. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
Source: Nordic Ware